Server / Waiter
Summary: Serves meals to patrons in dining establishment by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Presents menu, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service.
- Writes order on check or memorizes it.
- Relays order to kitchen and serves courses from kitchen and service bars.
- Garnishes and decorates dishes preparatory to serving.
- Observes diners to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed.
- Completes all assigned opening and closing side-work to prepare dining room, kitchen and service stations for efficient operation during meal periods.
- Totals bill, presents to guest and accepts payment; tenders proper change to guests using responsible cash handling procedures.
- Cleans, organizes and maintains assigned stations and all services areas prior to, during and after meal time rush.
- Applies knowledge of full menu, bar and other information such as restaurant hours, table numbers and payment options.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to offer food specials, menu items, daily desserts and other promotions.
- Turns in all cash and charge transactions at the end of each shift.
- Understands and complies with health/sanitation and alcohol standards.
- Communicates all concerns to management including issues with health, sanitation, staff, inventory and guests.
- Cross-serves and/or assists team members as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Apply for This Position
Server / Waiter - Addison, TX