Summary: Responsible for completing food preparation and performing basic kitchen responsibilities to ensure the smooth operation of the restaurant by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads and prepares menu items as ordered by customers according to portion control and quality standards of the menu.
- Follows specific recipes and instructions to prepare menu items using basic kitchen equipment and preparatory utensils.
- Prepares food items according to recipes, instructions and customer orders, and follows food handling and safety requirements.
- Retrieves ingredients from appropriate areas by lifting and carrying to food preparation area.
- Communicates shortage of menu items to Kitchen Manager immediately.
- Unloads deliveries from truck and places in appropriate storage areas by lifting and carrying boxes.
- Stores incoming food shipments properly in storeroom, maintains storeroom in a neat, orderly manner and ensures all food items are stored at the appropriate temperature.
- Places dishes in dishwasher and cleans dishes in pot and pan sink as needed.
- Stocks dishes, glassware and silverware as needed.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area at all times.
- Sweeps and mops the kitchen floor at the end of each day.
- Completes opening and closing duties in accordance with approved procedures.
- Reports any health and/or safety concerns/violations immediately to management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Reading Skills
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Lifting up to 25 pounds
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Prior restaurant experience helpful.
Apply for This Position
Prep Cook - Katy, TX