Host / Hostess
Summary: Greets and seats customers in a fashion that contributes to the smooth, efficient operation of the restaurant and keeps the area around the front entrance and hostess station as clean and orderly as possible by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares and maintains a seating chart for each shift and is familiar with the rotation order.
- Distributes the daily specials to the various stations and changes the blackboard to reflect the specials of the day.
- Greets and seats customers in a courteous and timely manner as they enter the restaurant and/or communicates delays in seating and starts a waiting list.
- Checks books for any reservations.
- Accommodates special needs of customers and communicates any needs to appropriate staff.
- Assists dining room staff during rush periods by cleaning tables whenever possible.
- Answers telephone in a professional manner, takes reservations, takes “to-go-orders” and answers customer inquiries.
- Writes messages down for employees and delivers those messages when the opportunity presents itself.
- Communicates customer and/or employee difficulties to management.
- Applies knowledge of full menu and other restaurant information such as restaurant hours and types of payment.
- Enters “to-go-orders” into computer and prints receipt as well as prepares to-go items necessary to fill order along with condiments, other food items and utensils.
- Completes guest check transactions on cash register and tenders proper change to customers.*
- Completes opening and closing duties in accordance with approved procedures.
- Communicates any health and/or safety concerns/violations immediately to management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Apply for This Position
Host / Hostess - Addison, TX