Summary: Performs general kitchen and housekeeping duties and provides general backup for the cooks by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Loads and unloads all dishes, utensils and glasses from dishwasher.
- Cleans all large pots and pans manually in sinks and cleans sinks at the end of each shift.
- Places clean glasses, dishes, utensils, and pots in proper locations.
- Cleans designated surface areas of kitchen including counter tops, walls, mats, floors and ceilings.
- Removes garbage and grease from kitchen areas and dispenses in appropriate areas.
- Sweeps and mops the kitchen area at the end of each shift.
- Carries supplies into appropriate areas and stock supplies as needed.
- Notifies chef when cleaning supply inventory is low and obtains additional supplies as needed.
- Reports any maintenance, emergencies and/or needed repairs to the manager or owner.
- Provides general cleaning and upkeep of all restrooms.
- Sweeps and cleans surrounding areas outside the restaurant.
- Reports any health and/or safety concerns/violations immediately to management.
- Assists cooks with kitchen responsibilities as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to ten pounds.
Apply for This Position
Dishwasher - McKinney, TX