Summary: Serving patrons by setting tables; placing and replacing silverware; keeping beverage glasses full; adhering to sanitation and safety policies; clearing and cleaning tables, chairs, and environment.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares dining room for patrons by cleaning and clothing tables; setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation and safety policies.
- Maintains menu presentation by keeping menus clean; replacing damaged or soiled pages; cleaning chalkboards; lettering specials on chalkboards.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
- Supports wait staff by setting-up and replenishing chips, salsa, bean dip, trash containers liners, and bus stations.
- Closes dining facility by cleaning chairs and tables; sweeping and/or vacuuming floors; removing trash and recyclables from the facility.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in staff training opportunities.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Apply for This Position
Busser - McKinney, TX