Summary: Prepares and serves cocktails, serves food items in the bar area, and for handles currency transactions by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greets and serves customers in a professional and timely manner.
- Prepares alcoholic, non-alcoholic and other beverages for customers and servers in accordance with standard recipes.
- Prepares all condiments to garnish drink orders.
- Takes food orders and enters them into computer.
- Applies knowledge of the full menu, beverages and other restaurant information such as restaurant hours and types of payment.
- Maintains a clean bar at all times wiping bar regularly, disposing of debris and bottles and washing glasses behind the bar as needed.
- Checks and maintains stock of glassware, beverages and bar supplies and communicates shortages to appropriate person.
- Assists with answering the telephone and taking messages to give to the proper personnel when time allows.
- Records currency transactions accurately on computer and tenders proper change.
- Processes charge transaction through charge transmittal machine and prints, reviews and submits a daily charge report to the Manager.
- Completes all assigned opening and closing duties to prepare bar for efficient operation.
- Communicates health and/or safety concerns/violations immediately to management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and work near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
Apply for This Position
Bartender - McKinney, TX